This is sort of a casting call. Paul and I are looking for people to photograph as we travel Route 66. You don’t have to be a professional model. In fact, you don’t have to be a model at all. (Although, models are always welcome!) Also, you could be a guy with a very cool car and want pictures of your car. That’s cool too.
For models, we encourage you to dress for where you plan to meet us. If you plan to meet us at a 50s diner, dress in 50s attire. But, you don’t have to play dress up for the shoot.
If you’re a car or motorcycle owner, you can have your picture taken with your car (or motorcycle) or just the car/motorcycle by itself. This is a chance to make your car/motorcycle famous… and possible you too.
How This Works
Here is how this works…
- Look at our travel plans at http://route66photographers.com/dates/
- If there is a day and location that works for you to meet up with us, contact me at email@example.com and let me know the day and location.
- In your e-mail, include the following:
- Your name
- The best phone number to reach you at (and let us know if you accept text messages)
- A picture of yourself so we’ll recognize you
- A short paragraph of why you are meeting us at the Route 66 location.
- When the day gets close (1-2 days before) we will contact you and let you know if we are running ahead or behind schedule.
- You must be flexible on the time of day. We are driving from Chicago to L.A. over a 30+ day period.
- When we meet, you’ll have to sign a release.
- We’ll take a few pictures (it won’t take very long). We’ll shoot until we get some good usable photos
- That night, you’ll see your picture on our blog, social media pages and/or in our vlog.
- We’ll e-mail you copies of the pictures we publish.
- We cannot photograph minor children without a parent signing a release. And, we cannot photograph minor children without the parents being present the entire time.
- We cannot offer financial compensation for your modeling. This isn’t that type of venture.
- We cannot guarantee we will agree to meet up with everyone. Schedules are very nebulous for our tour. We will not leave you in the lurch if we say we will meet you, but if we have to cancel, we’ll do so at least 24 hours in advance. (We’d expect the same from you.)
- We cannot provide “copyrights” to the images. That would involve legal fees and involving lawyers. But, we will give you license to share whatever files we send to you on social media, your personal website, and e-mail them to friends and family. If you want prints, we are partnering with Bay Photo Labs. You’ll be able to order professional prints at www.dbwalton.com.
In summary, this casting call is simply… we want to meet you and photograph you as we take this epic journey.